- Preheat barbecue to high and oil grill.
- In a bowl, whisk 45 mL (3 tbsp.) oil, lemon juice, garlic, and mustard.
- Divide into two equal portions, reserving one portion to use later as dressing.
- Add salt to other portion and mix well.
- Toss chicken thighs in salted portion and marinade 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut each baguette slice into 6 cubes to make croutons. Toss in large bowl with remaining olive oil (15 mL or 1 tbsp.) and half the Parmesan.
- Place croutons on sheet of aluminum foil and cook on top grill until golden brown and crisp. Turn at least once during cooking and watch so they don’t burn. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Grill chicken 5 to 8 minutes per side or until internal temperature in thickest part reaches 77 °C (170 °F) and meat pulls apart easily.
- Let chicken stand 5 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- In the meantime, toss lettuce with reserved dressing, croutons, and remaining Parmesan.
- Divide salad onto plates and top with chicken strips.
If you like, add some crumbled bacon to the salad.