IGA and IGA extra merchants are deeply committed to promoting local buying, supporting regional producers, and offering a range of local, good-quality food products, with the goal of fostering better health and eating habits for all. We firmly believe that it is our responsibility to help Quebeckers to improve their quality of life, particularly through healthy eating, which begins with support for the Quebec agro-food sector.
Here are a few of our initiatives:
- “The joy of eating better” movement.
- The “Encourage our Quebec producers” campaign.
- Our artisan cheesemaker program, an initiative that promotes 16 artisanal cheeses produced exclusively for the IGA banner (learn more).
- IGA ensures that Quebec seafood products are available in season and does everything possible to offer local products that meet sustainable fishing standards (learn more).
- A few years ago, IGA developed an exclusive program to promote Nagano pork. We also support entrepreneurs from the Quebec food industry, including Jérôme Ferrer, Chocolats Favoris and Moishes steakhouse (learn more).
Moreover, in 2009, IGA independent merchants, in partnership with Aliments du Québec, were the first supermarkets to identify Quebec products on their shelves by means of blue labels (learn more